Professional car details invested not only money but also time for training courses. It takes years of learnings to gain the experience that led them to become the best of their professions. These experiences taught them professional car care and auto paint technology. One of these professional car detailers is Mr Detail.
Mr Detail is a premium car detailing studio creating its big name in Melbourne. They offer extensive services for car detailing, correction, and protection. With their 15 years in the industry, they have shown what they are capable to do in the field. Avail of their packages and find how their services are different from the others. Such as paint correction, dual-layer ceramic coatings, refinishing, dent removal, and SunTek window tinting. You will be astonished by how their dedicated team is able to transform your auto into a brand new look vehicle.
Car detailing is indeed a deadlift and consumes much time. But if you think you can do detailing for your own car, here are the top tips that you can use for DIY car detailing.
- Start with the wheels. In detailing with your auto, here is where you should always start. It is the filthiest part of the vehicle so a pre-soak is a good idea. You will need brushes to reach those corners that couldn’t be reached by the mitt.
- Use a Pre-cleaner. It is formulated for bugs and hard grimes removal. One of the most recommended pre-cleaners is citrus power. It has citrus cleaning properties that help lessen the grimes. Use it on the lower areas and parts of your vehicle that have become bug-splattered.
- The use of snow foam. Right after spraying a pre-cleaner is the right time to apply the snow foams. The purpose of this is to help remove those hard to remove dirt and lose particles from the vehicle. Remove specks of dirt as much as you can before washing it.
- Apply the best car shampoo. After spraying the pre-cleaner and use the snow foam, now is the time for applying the shampoo. The use of shampoo with the best quality will reflect on the appearance of your vehicle after the job. It will also reduce the light scratches or swirls. Prepare a bucket full of water and drop an exact amount of solution onto the water. You will also need a separate bucket with plain water. You will use the plain water to soak the mitt every time before you use it on the water with a solution. This is to ensure that your mitt’s dirt will not contaminate the bucket with the solution. You need to secure that you are using clean water on your vehicle.
- The stage for decontamination. After all the solutions and scrubbing, it’s time to rinse the vehicle with clean water. The decontamination stage begins with spraying on an iron dissolver. This is to dissolute any rail dust that has saturated during the paintwork. Then, use the solvent tar remover. This is to soften the tar stuck to the paint. After all those processes, you will need to wash again the parts that were treated with solvents. You will also need a clay bar to rub over the paintwork. The last part of this step is to wash and rinse the vehicle.
- The drying part. This should be done starting from the top of the vehicle all the way down. Make sure that you will wipe on each part of the surface. You must do it quickly to prevent getting water spots on your vehicle.
- Polishing. You can do this using your hands. But it would be better if you have a machine polisher for a quicker and best result. And if you are going to use a polisher machine by yourself, you must have enough good experience.
- Glazing and sealing processes. The glazing procedure is for enhancing paintwork and lessen the fine swirls’ visibility. The results are best seen in darker or metallic colors. And the waxing process will protect all the previous processes by sealing them.
- Dressing the tire. If you will remember, cleaning the wheels is the first process. You will need to go back to the tires and dress them with the products that will get the plastics back to their true colors.
- Get a glass cleaner. Some might often forget this, but the glass must be cleansed too, and use a good quality glass cleaner for it.
- Last and important thing. If you are detailing your own vehicle, never forget to do the final touch by wiping the vehicle using a clean mitt. Doing this will rid the surfaces of the over-left residue waxing. It will also take away the fingerprints left when you were going around the vehicle.
These are the top 11 tips that you should consider if you are planning to do your own vehicle detailing. And another bonus tip, if you want to achieve a brand new looking outcome for your vehicle, invest in good quality material and products.